Diploma Level 1 or 2 in Plastering
Description: The Level 1 course is for those who have little or no prior knowledge of Plastering, but think that …
The Level 1 course is for those who have little or no prior knowledge of Plastering, but think that they might wish to pursue a career as a Plasterer, and are looking at getting onto the first stage in achieving that goal. The Diploma level 2 course is for those who have already been successful in achieving a Level 1 qualification in Plastering, or who are able to demonstrate considerable experience of Plastering skills prior to joining the course. Achievement of this course will enable learner to more towards employment in the construction trade and to NVQ training.
Our accredited Vocational courses cover the full spectrum of trades and run for 2 days over a full academic year.
All prospective candidates will be subject to interview and assessment of their academic ability and will be expected to be keen and committed to pursuing a career in their chosen trade.
Purchase of appropriate protective clothing and industry safety footwear is a requirement of the course.
You will study a combination of practical and theoretical modules to form a skills base and understanding of the t
rade, will be provided with the opportunity to improve your communication skills, and learn skills necessary to improve your chances of gaining employment within the industry. You will study a number of units, including:-
- Interpreting information
- Sorage of materials
- Selecting materials
- Components and equipment
- Internal solid Plastering
- Different styles of one and two coat rendering systems
- Mechanically fixing plaster boarding
- Health and safety
- Fixing and finishing dry lining
- Laying floor screeds; and decorative fibrous plasterwork
Will contain THREE elements: Vocational Study, Functional Skills (Maths, English and ICT) AND Employability, Personal & Social Development Skills
- Level 1 or 2 Diploma in Plastering
- In addition to the above, you will be required to develop your skills in Maths, English and ICT in order to operate effectively in the work place and at home (Functional Skills).
- AND lastly, in order to improve your chances of getting a job in the industry, you will work on developing your Employability, Personal Development and Social skills.
Why come to City College?
- No entry requirements
- Class sizes of between 5-15 students, our tutors spend more time with our students
- Support given if required such as 1-2-1 tutoring, extra classes
- Employability Skills delivered to all students, possibility of work placements, CV writing, interview preperation
- Choice to complete either functional skills or GCSE’s alongside your qualification
- Friendly environment, no tolerance to bullying policy
Diploma Level 1 or 2 in Plastering
No entry requirements however a good understanding of Maths & English is required but support throughout the course can be given. You will need to complete either Functional Skills or GCSE maths & English if you haven’t obtained a grade C or above at GCSE.
You must have a keen and enthusiastic attitude to work and learn.
You will be required to complete the college’s initial assessments in Maths and English
To successfully complete the full qualification it is necessary for you to achieve 90% attendance.
Assessment & Achievements
A variety of methods will be used, which may include multiple choice tests, and building a portfolio of coursework. All elements must be successfully achieved in order to gain full certification.The portfolio is supported by a number of tests, which are set and marked by the Awarding Body.
Length of Course
This course is a full time, college taught programme, over 2 days/week for one academic year (ie 3 terms), however, in addition to attendance in class, learners are expected to devote enough additional time as necessary for self-study, research and assignment writing, in order to complete the course successfully.
Detailed timetables will be provided on course commencement
Classes commence in September/January (subject to numbers)
Learners must achieve an attendance record of 85% over the duration of the course. Learners who miss any of their normal timetabled sessions will be expected to attend additional sessions (which may be with a different Tutor), to make up for lost learning hours. Learners who do not meet the attendance requirements will not be allowed to complete final assessment which leads to certification.
- City College Nottingham, Carlton Rd, Nottingham, NG3 2NR
Tuition is FREE for:
- Learners aged 16-18
- Adults who are in receipt of eligible means tested benefits, provided that satisfactory documentary evidence is provided from the Job Centre, dated within one month of enrolment, except for a £10 *administration charge.
- If you are looking to enrol on Level 2 qualification and you possess less than 5 GCSE’s (grades A-C), and no other full Level 2 qualification, you may be entitled to full fee remission, but all these students pay a non-refundable Administration Fee of £10.00 regardless of status.
For those not eligible for free tuition (details available upon request), our fees are very competitive and we offer a flexible instalment plan to enable you to make payments over the duration of your course.
The total course fee is:
Level 1 Diploma in Plastering £600 plus administration fee.
Level 2 Diploma in Plastering £800 plus administration fee.
Equipment and materials are provided free of charge, however, should you wish to pursue your learning in more depth, you may be advised to purchase one or more text books from a recommended reading list and depending on the course you may be required to buy additional items.
- Level 2/3 Diploma in Plastering
- Level 3 Diploma Access to HE
- Level 3 Diploma in Management
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Plastering
- Employment into the Construction Industry
How to enrol?
Get in touch with us:
Call: 0115 9101455
Come in and visit us: Carlton Road, Nottingham NG3 2NR
No Reviews found for this course.