The EDI Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Advice and Guidance is aimed at those who...
ESOL with Citizenship – Entry Levels 1, 2 and 3 (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
Download a copy of the ESOL Course Information Sheet here: CIS ESOL with Citizenship Entry Level 1,2 & 3 Description: A course …
Download a copy of the ESOL Course Information Sheet here:
A course designed to improve an individuals’ confidence, knowledge, skills and application of the English Language in everyday life and work
City & Guilds
4692 Entry Level Certificate in Skills for Life ESOL (QCF) (Entry 1, 2, or 3)
Learners must be aged 19 or above, and meet eligibility criteria to access funding, unless self-funding (see Fees section below). Eligibility is normally 3 years residency in the UK, EU or EEA. All prospective Learners undertake an initial assessment and interview with the Tutor to establish suitability unless progressing between levels within the College.
Minimum age: 19 on 1st September of the academic year of joining (home/funded learners). Maximum age: None
The course covers three core competencies (Reading, Writing, and Speaking and Listening skills), which are mapped to the Adult ESOL Core Curriculum. Citizenship content is embedded within the teaching and learning.
Assessment & Achievements
Learners are assessed continuously throughout the course, followed by a final assessment on reading, writing, and speaking and listening. The Speaking & Listening assessment is recorded. Learners must pass all three elements in order to achieve the City & Guilds qualification.
Length of Course
21 weeks, based on 12 hours per week attendance in class over 4 days/sessions. Timetabling may vary in order to meet different Learner groups’ needs.
Planned Start/End dates
There are two recruitment intakes during the academic year. September and February/March
Monday to Friday Morning and afternoon classes are available to meet learners’ needs.
Morning class: 9:30am-12:40pm
Afternoon class: 1:30pm-4:40pm (sessions include a 10 mins break)
Learners must achieve an attendance record of 85% over the duration of the course. Learners who miss any of their normal timetabled sessions will be expected to attend additional sessions (which may be with a different Tutor), to make up for lost learning hours. Learners who do not meet the attendance requirements will not be allowed to complete final assessment which leads to certification.
- City College Nottingham, Carlton Rd, Nottingham, NG3 2NR
A nationally recognised qualification in English Language communication skills, which aids learners in accessing further education, training or employment opportunities.
College Fees & Payments
- All learners pay a non-refundable, initial Administration Fee of £10.00.
- Learners in receipt of eligible ** means tested benefits are entitled to full funding (where the course will be provided free of charge) or part funding (part course fees apply) depending on which benefit(s) they receive. Learners need to provide up to date benefit evidence at the time of enrolment in order to access their course free or through reduced course fees. The Course Fee for partly funded learners is £250.00 [**full details of eligible benefits and evidence requirements are available from Administration and Reception Services]
- Learners who are not in receipt of eligible benefits/not eligible for funding are required to pay full course fees. The Full Course Fee for self-funding/Private learners is £650.00
- Course fees are inclusive of registration, tuition, assessment and certification.
- For the College’s Fees and Refund policy, click here: MA-U28 Fees and Refunds (last updated March 2016)
Learners may progress from Entry Level 1 up to Entry Level 3 to further develop their English language skills. Entrance to higher courses is subject to prior attendance and achievement records. Learners who achieve ESOL Entry Level 3 may progress to Functional Skills in English at Level 1.
The College is planning to commence IELTS test preparation classes during 2017. Full details will be published on our website, as soon as details are confirmed. IELTS certification is now a requirement of the Home Office to support citizenship/settlement applications. For more information please see http://www.gov.uk/english-language
For further information, or how to enrol, please contact Administration and Reception Services on
0115 9101455 or
No Reviews found for this course.